Descripción del trabajo
Out in Colombia Travel, the leading LGBT and sustainable travel and tourism provider in Colombia, is seeking an Experience Manager to take our products and services to the next level.
Out in Colombia Travel S.A.S. is a Medellin-based tour operator. Together with ourU.S.-based counterpart, we offer LGBT travelers comprehensive travel and tourism services rooted in the principles of sustainable tourism. Taking care of Colombia’s awesome biodiversity, showing a deep respect for local customs and cultures, and investing in the local economy are the sustainable pillars upon which our operation is built.
As a startup business, we are building a team of committed, hard-working, talented go-getters who will do what is necessary to help the company reach its goals and enjoy the benefits of our collective success. Every team member will be challenged to take on a variety of tasks and provide creative solutions to any issue the team encounters. Duties may require each of us to work outside of traditional office hours in order to meet our team goals and meet the needs of our clients.
New team members will have the opportunity to advance quickly within the company if they achieve results and demonstrate a strong commitment to helping the company grow.
Recognizing the all-hands-on-deck nature of our company, we’re looking for team members who have an entrepreneurial style of working, critical thinkers who provide creative solutions to new and emerging challenges, self-motivated leaders who are driven to achieve results, and people who are adaptable to changing work environments.
Our organizational values drive everything that we do and are reflected in our vision and mission:
Together with our suppliers, Out in Colombia Travel will makeColombia the top gay travel and sustainable tourism destination worldwide in the next 10 years.
We believe that travel can open hearts and minds and heal our planet, which is why we create life-changing and memorable tourism experiences for LGBT travelers that promote cross-cultural exchanges, improve the quality-of-life of Colombians, and preserve Colombia’s diverse natural environment.
The Experience Manager will work alongside the chief executive to develop and manage the tourism activities of the company. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and want to grow into a senior-level management role within the company. Because of the startup nature of our small business, the successful candidate will possess a certain amount of flexibility in executing a variety of job responsibilities, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Tour Logistics & Supplier Management: Oversee all aspects of the planning, implementation, and tracking of our tourism activities, which may include the following activities: Manage relationships with our tourism suppliers; Recruit new suppliers and vet the quality of their products and services, including hotels, tour guides, tour operators, transportation services, activities, and excursions, among others; Negotiate prices and agreements with service providers in manner that allows Out in Colombia Travel to remain in a competitive position while offering excellent service to our clients; Maintain price sheets and detailed descriptions of our service offerings; Outline tour itineraries based on client interests and travel needs; Outline budgets for each individual or group tour package; Confirm all activities and reservations after a client has approved and purchased a tour package or service; As necessary, communicate with clients before their travel dates to provide them with the information they need to be prepared for their journey; Be available to clients for the duration of their visits to Colombia, offering concierge-style service and support, both remotely and in-person; Ensure all tour activities, including those provided by our supplier network, are carried out according to plan and with a high level of quality
- Product Development: Together with the chief executive, create custom-made and pre-arranged marketable tour packages that are appealing to our clients while promoting the principles of sustainable tourism, which may include the following activities: Research existing opportunities and services that we could incorporate into our service offerings; Research emerging LGBT & sustainable tourism travel trends; Attend workshops and training opportunities; Develop unique tourism experiences that are not yet available in our market that would become trademark Out in Colombia Travel products and services; Prepare informational packages and brochures that detail the products and services we offer direct to customers and to re-sellers (travel agents); Assess market competition by comparing our products to our competitor’s products; Help determine our customers’ needs and desires based on customer feedback and market research
- Sales Support: Support the chief executive with marketing and sales activities, which may include the following activities: Assist the chief executive in responding to inquiries from potential clients; Prepare reports and information to facilitate the sale of Out in Colombia Travel tourism packages and services; Participate in pre-trip phone calls and video chats with potential clients to discuss the products and services and help make the sale; As necessary, write formal client trip proposals that include a detailed itinerary, pricing, payment and other pertinent information; Represent the company on familiarization tours and at networking events to promote the Out in Colombia Travel brand and sell our tourism services direct to travelers and re-sellers (travel agencies); Assist with the creation of marketing strategies and execution of those strategies to promote our tourism services
- Administrative Support: Provide general office and administrative support to the chief executive when necessary, including: Manage team calendars; Keep detailed notes and updated information in the company’s project management and communication systems; Prepare reports and financial data, as necessary; Other activities as necessary
- Passionate commitment to Out in Colombia Travel’s mission and strategy to turn Colombia into the top LGBT and sustainable tourism destination worldwide
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) – proficient in speaking and writing
- Outstanding written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Minimum 1 Year of experience working in the tourism industry
- Exceptional ability to solve problems in challenging situations
- Orientation to customer service
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, and vendors
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on time
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Knowledge of and experience with project management and communications software such as Asana, Trello, and/or Slack
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, and cloud-based services such as OneDrive and Google Drive
- Sensitivity to confidential matters and information
- Experience supervising team members
- Experience working with and/or marketing to an LGBT audience
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing relationships with suppliers
- Digital marketing experience
- Graphic design, Photoshop, and/or other similar skills
Salario (Pesos colombianos)$1.000.000 - $3.000.000
Experiencia laboralMenos de un año
Identidad de géneroCualquier identidad
Trabajos relacionados (1)
Carreras Administrativas, Financieras o Ingenieras On Mayo 18, 2016 Tiempo completo